Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Good and Bad Skiing Experience by Jacie

By:Jacie

On November 21 first my family took a trip to New Mexico with my church to go skiing both days after that. It took ten hours of miserable time. Finally we got there! When we got out of the car it was late at night me and my friend did not have a problem with that we stayed up for atleast two hours. After playing in the snow we decided to go to bed cause we were worn out...The next day me and Morgan got out of bed and went to the group room of the lodge. We ate a wonderful breakfeast and we headed to the ski rental shop. When we got to the ski rental shop we got out of the car and went in. It took obout 2 hours to get our ski boots fitted. When we were done we went straight to the ski place me and Morgan were so excited. When we got there we imidietly put our skis on and went straight to the bunny slopes to learn how to ski because Morgans mom Kim already knew. When we got to the bunny slopes we were ready for a great time we learned how to ski an went to the green slope. When we got on the ski lift we were so scared. When we got off the ski lift we were at the top of the hill and i felt realy brave. Morgan said it would be easier to go down on the left side but i did not want to so i was brave and just went straight down. I froze up in the middle of the slope and from what my mom said she saw me and i was going realy fast so she rushed outside but it was too little to late i had already crashed through the fence. turns out Morgan made it safe down but i was on the floor screaming “I THINK MY ARM IS BROKEN”! By then my mom was out there trying to comfort me a lady screamed “DO I NEED TO CALL THE MEDICS”! My mom said yes. When the medics got there they came to me.... After a long time of tests he told me my arm was not broken after all. When my dad got out side he helped me up and when i looked back and on the left side of the slope there was no net that is why Morgan told me it would me easier. Then me and my dad went back to the cabin and took a nap..... The next day we went skiing again after the bunny slope i was ready to try the green slope again. When we got to the top i was still a little frightend but i went down and . After that i was so excited cause i made it down and i went down so much more. That is when i had a great skiing expeirience!


1 comment: